How To Work With A Freelance Animator To Create An Animated Video

Supporting Small Businesses ( 5130 )


Supporting Small Businesses

Supporting Small Businesses


Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, representing innovation, creativity, and personal connection. As a consumer, you have the power to make a significant impact by supporting these entrepreneurs and their dreams. In light of recent developments on Etsy, where numerous shops have been subjected to payment reserves, it is essential to understand the challenges faced by small business owners. In this article, we will delve into the reasons why purchasing directly from the store’s own website can make a real difference and explore the story of one such business, Getitallboutique.

Understanding the Payment Reserve Issue:

Etsy, a popular online marketplace for handmade and vintage items, recently implemented payment reserves for thousands of its shops. These reserves involve withholding 75% of the sale proceeds, leaving only 25% available for the seller. While this measure aims to address perceived risks associated with certain shops, it has resulted in significant financial hardships for small businesses, including long-established sellers. For many, the 25% remaining after fees is insufficient to cover the costs of materials, packaging, and postage.

The Plight of Getitallboutique and Similar Small Businesses:

Getitallboutique, founded by Jaime Smith and Emily, specializes in baby and kids clothing, personalized items, and accessories. Their mission is to offer high-quality, unique products at affordable prices, ensuring that parents can provide for their little ones without financial strain. However, the recent changes on Etsy have made it increasingly challenging for Getitallboutique to sustain their business and continue serving their customers.

Supporting Small Businesses: The Importance of Purchasing Directly:

Transparency and Direct Support: When you purchase directly from a small business’s website, you establish a direct connection with the owner. This transparency allows you to understand the impact of your purchase and provides an opportunity to show your support beyond a simple transaction.

Improved Profit Margins: Unlike platforms like Etsy that charge fees and deduct them from the remaining 25% of the sale proceeds, purchasing from a small business’s website ensures that a larger portion of your payment goes directly to the business owner. This enables them to cover essential expenses, such as materials, packaging, and shipping, without compromising their ability to grow and thrive.

Personalized Customer Experience: Small business owners often take great pride in offering personalized customer service. By purchasing directly from their website, you are more likely to experience prompt and tailored assistance, as well as potential perks like special discounts or customized offerings.

Helping Businesses Thrive: Your direct support contributes to the sustainability and growth of small businesses. By avoiding third-party platforms, you enable business owners to reinvest in their ventures, expand their product offerings, and continue providing exceptional products and services.


In an era where large corporations dominate the retail landscape, supporting small businesses has become crucial. The recent challenges faced by shops on Etsy highlight the need to rally behind independent entrepreneurs and their dreams. By purchasing directly from their websites, such as Getitallboutique, you can make a tangible difference in their success. Your support empowers small business owners to overcome financial obstacles, create more affordable options, and maintain the unique charm that sets them apart. Together, we can cultivate a thriving community of small businesses that contribute to a diverse and vibrant marketplace.

Photo Editing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *