Vet Select Insurance Review
Vet Select is backed by Australia’s largest pet insurer, Petinsurance.com.au and is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company.
It offers one policy which comes with zero excess charges and accident and illness cover with an annual limit of up to $25,000.
What we like about Vet Select:
- Vet Select has no excess charges which is helpful, otherwise claiming would be pointless since some treatments are so cheap.
- Transparency. Vet Select is upfront about its level of cover, so you know exactly how much you’ll be out of pocket. It lists exactly what is covered and how much you’ll be covered for.
- It has a 100% benefit rate until your pet turns 8, making it a market-leader.
- Short waiting periods. Vet Select has the shortest waiting periods of any policy in the pet insurance market. On average, you’ll wait 20 days for illnesses, behavioural conditions, prescription diets and complementary treatment.
- It doesn’t offer routine care which is usually just an expensive optional extra that isn’t worth the premiums.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Always be aware of genetic ailments your pet is likely to have as it gets older. Find out if treatment for that illness is covered. If it is included in your coverage, the sooner you get cover the better, before it potentially becomes classed as a pre-existing condition.
- Like many policies, the minimum age for cover is eight weeks and the maximum age for new policies is five years.
- Consultation fees are not covered when you take out a Vet Select policy.